Wayne Youth Basketball Tournament
This year our tournament in Wayne, NE will be played on February 20th & 21st, 2021.
Due to COVID and limited gym availability this year, we are only allowing 6 teams per division. Each division will play only one day. The day which a division plays will be communicated on or before February 14, 2021.
A 100% refund will be given if we need to cancel due to COVID.
Below are the tournament rules, registration forms, and venues map.
- Our intention is to guarantee 3 games. We reserve the right to combine grades to fill divisions with the same grade teams playing each other in the first round.
- Players must compete in their own grade classification. Exception: Younger players may participate in older divisions. Players can only play on one team. *Special situations will be considered.
- All game balls will be provided. Teams are to bring their own practice balls. All games will be played with 28.5″ balls.
- Medals will be awarded for first, second, and third place finished in each full division. Medals for first and second place will be awarded in four and five team brackets.
- Two paid game officials along with clock operators and score keepers will be provided for all games.
- All games consist of (2) 18 minute halves.
- Running clock throughout the game except the last 2 minutes of the second half where the clock will stop on all whistles.
- Clock will run continuously on all 15+ point leads, but will run normally on a 14 point and under lead.
- Three minute half times.
- 4th and 5th Grade Divisions are permitted to cross the foul line on free throw attempts.
- 4th and 5th Grade Divisions are to play only Man-to-Man defense, no Zone defenses.
- Grades 4th & 5th may only full court press in the last 2 minutes of the second half.
- Grades 6th, 7th, and 8th may full-court press all game to a 15-point lead.
- A team leading by 15 or more points cannot press.
- Each team is allowed two 1-minute time outs per half.
- A player will foul out of the game on their 5th foul.
- A team will enter the bonus at 7 fouls and the double bonus at 10 fouls.
- Technical Fouls will result in the opposing team being awarded 2 points and the ball.
- The period with be 2 minutes long.
- Whichever team scores 5 points first or is the leading team at the end of 2 minutes is the winner.
- Each team receives one 30 second time-out.
- The clock stops on all whistles.
- Full court press is allowed in all age brackets.
- The winner of the game will be the first team to score.
- No time-outs are given.
- Full-court press is allowed in all age brackets.
- All NFHS rules apply.
- Teams should be ready to play 15 minutes before their schedule start time. We will run ahead of schedule if possible.
- Rude or intolerable behavior towards officials or any volunteer will not be tolerated. Coaches are responsible to control their fans. There will be one crowd warning given to the coach. The second crowd violation will result in a technical foul and violators will be asked to leave.
- 2021 Tournament Registration Form – Registration is Closed
- 2021 COVID-19 Tournament Guidelines
- Tournament Rules
- 2021 Tournament Brackets
- Tournament Venue Map
- 2021 Referee Schedule
The “Wayne Youth Basketball Tournament” is an official Qualifier for the 2021 Heartland States Basketball Championship to be held in Sioux City and Sioux Falls on March 19-21. All teams finishing 1st or 2nd in each division will qualify for the States Championship to battle top teams from towns throughout the Heartland Region.